- What is ‘artistic motive’?
- Want to understand the relationship between culture and art throughout history?
- Want to heighten your understanding of the dimensions of multiculturalism?
- Are you considering a career as an art historian?
Discover answers to burning questions and channel your interests with the Warnborough MA in Cultural Art History! Enrol today!
Art transcends the boundaries of time, place, religion, politics, economics and culture. Art is where cultural, creative and historical characteristics are expressed – in timeless works that ultimately belong to us all. Art history is very significant in the broad cultural fabric. Studies continue to reveal that human beings throughout the ages share common characteristics that remain steadfast, despite cultural distinctions and the passage of millennia. Cultural Art History more fully explores the cultural cross-fertilization of traditions manifested in works of art and the influences underlying their production.
Why not contact us to see if this program is for you?
The MA in Cultural Art History is comprised of 4 compulsory modules, 7 elective modules, and a Master’s Thesis or Project. Total of 120 credits.
11 modules: 88 credits (8 credits each)
Dissertation: 32 credits
The following modules are compulsory: (4 modules, 8 credits each, total of 32 credits)
- CAH 501Library Methodology
- CAH 502Conducting Research in Art History
- Choose either CAH503 Critical Writing in Art History OR CAH504 Theory and Interpretation
- Choose either CAH505 The Business of Art History OR CAH600 Museum Practices
The following modules are elective: (7 modules, 8 credits each, total of 56 credits)
- A Choice of 1 Module selected from CAH506 through CAH801
- A Choice of 4 Modules in the major area of art historical emphasis (Western or non-Western)
- A Choice of 2 Modules outside of the major area of study (Western, non-Western, or topical)
All learners are also required to actively participate in and contribute to the Warnborough Online Management System (LMS). The Canterbury Arts Conference is sponsored by Warnborough College Ireland each year, and students are actively encouraged to participate in this. It is a great opportunity to present research or workshops, and to meet other like-minded contacts.